September 15th and 16th
What to Bring!
Suggestions for your ride:
*Bike (If you are planning on riding)
*Tail Light (Recommended)
*Water Bottles (Please have 2 to remain hydrated)
*Cold Riding Gear and Rain Gear
Suggestions for Overnight:
*Towels for Shower
*Sleeping Clothes (No Birthday Suits)
*Sleeping Bag and Pillow
*Sleeping Pad (Optional, again the mattresses are older)
On the Green-Belt please ride in single file at ALL times, due to on coming cyclists. Our Permit requires all riders on State Highway to ride single file UNLESS passing. Please be cautious and courteous to fellow cyclists and vehicles and only pass on straightaways. DO NOT BE AGGRESSIVE!!! Slow down, NO accidents. On ALL downhills, please obey all traffic laws. NO CROSSING THE YELLOW CENTER LINE!!!
Please Bring Extra Nutrition for Your Ride if You Want More Than What is Offered at the Stops!
Water Stations: Oranges, Apples, Bananas, Peanut Butter and Water.
Appetizers: It will be a surprise!
We will be starting the ride at 11:00am SHARP!!! Please notice the updated time change. Please be at least an hour early to get your equipment situated, your gear loaded in the trailer and pick up your packet.
Travel to Hailey: The Ride Start and Check-in will be at
112 Larkspur, Hailey, Idaho 83333(See map below) Transportation to Hailey will be your own responsibility. Estimated driving time from Pocatello is about 3 hours. Parking is limited so carpooling is highly recommended.
Rider Check-In and Start:
9:00am-10:30am - We will be assigning BIB Numbers and loading the Gear Trailer.
- BIB Numbers are required to be on your jersey.
- The Gear Trailer is leaving at 10:45am so please plan accordingly to make sure your gear makes it to the cabins! Trailer items will include everything that is not on your body or bike while you are on the ride.
- It is your responsibility to check off your name at every water station. There will be 3 water stations on Friday and only 2 on Saturday for the return trip. You can also leave extra jackets at these stops and they will be returned to you.
Arriving at Camp Perkins:
You should arrive between 2:00pm and 4:00pm*. The Gear trailer will be waiting there for you. Please grab your bags and take them to your assigned cabin. Showers will be available.
*A support vehicle will sweep the route at 4:00pm. They will pick up any remaining riders so that we can get them to the cabins in time for dinner.
- Between the hours of 2:00 and 6:00, you will have time to relax, shower and enjoy the outdoors.
- Events and activities available for Friday will be Basketball, Volleyball, Hiking and waterfront activities.
-Fly Fishing is available. https://idfg.idaho.gov/sites/default/files/seasons-rules-fish-2016-2018-salmon.pdf
- Dinner will be served at 6:00pm.
Leaving Camp Perkins:
6:30am-7:30am - The Gear Trailer will be available to load personal items in. Please load gear in the Gear Trailer before breakfast.
7:30am-8:30am - Breakfast will be served.
9:00am - Mandatory Riders Meeting and pictures in front of Kitchen Lodge.
Lunch will be served promptly after your ride back to Hollie and Travis Smart's home, where we started! Enjoy the ride home!
We will be staying the night at Camp Perkins which has very nice cabins and wonderful facilities. Camp Perkins is located on Perkins Lake in the Sawtooth Mountains near Stanley, Idaho. Their site, which is part of the Sawtooth National Forest, has been leased by Camp Perkins since 1955. There will be 14 showers available for use after the ride.