The innovative Kingpin has earned its stripes as the performance standard in PinTech AT binding technology. The Kingpin's unique toe and heel pieces offer a unique blend of characteristics that seek to optimize both climbing and descending. The toe piece is updated with the dual spring and higher pivot point setup from the Alpinist. Ease of use, and best of all, unbeatable power transmission while on the descent mean that you've never had a day in the backcountry like the ones you'll have on the Kingpin!
CLIMBING AIDS KINGPIN
- The climbing aid offers two positions with 7° and 13° which can easily be accessed with the ski pole, even in an unstable standing position. Integrated elastomer paddings dampen the impact reducing the irritating traditional "clack" and allow more comfortable hiking.
XXL POWER TRANSMITTER
- Extra-large power transmitters in the heel with reduced weight for minimum friction and maximum centering for the lateral movement of the heel.
- The revolutionary heel construction for the Pin Technology bindings features wide sole contact points to deliver the kind of direct, lossless power transfer more frequently seen in alpine bindings. The KingPin heel is also many times safer than traditional Pin Technology bindings.
CARBON REINFORCED PIN TOE & ANTI ICE PADS
- Carbon fiber reinforced material for improved stiffness and super lightweight. Anti Ice Pads in the base of the toe to prevent icing in critical areas.
VERTICAL & LATERAL ADJUSTABLE RELEASE FUNCTION
- Vertical and lateral individually adjustable release in the heel for improved release functionality.
- Easy to install crampons for KINGPIN and Alpinist available in the sizes 80mm, 90mm, 105mm, 120mm
Understanding boot and binding compatibility can be complicated. Alpine or Alpine Touring? ISO what?
With multiple boot/binding standards designed for different applications and skier types, finding the right gear requires more knowledge and expertise than ever before.
Contact us to navigate your options and discover what's right for you.
|Recommended Use||Backcountry Touring|
|DIN Range||5.0 - 10.0|
|Boot Compatibility||Touring Boots|
|Brake Width||75 - 100mm, 100 - 125mm|
|Weight (pair)||670g (75-100mm), 680g (100-125mm)|
* Subject to change without notice.